Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's still Christmas!


H (of L&H fame) sent me these terrific man-necklaces. She made them just for me. Such a clever girl! I really like them. I haven't worn anything like this since puka beads were the in thing. Was that the 70's? I did have a few gold neck chains too. Don't know exactly whatever happened to those.

Anyway. I'm tickled to have these and to think that H made them just for me. She fabricated the metal pieces, attached the closures. Everything! I had to get some help from L to put one on yesterday. Poor eyesight, lack of coordination, no mirror. I wore it the whole evening.

It was a very knit day yesterday. Went to Mendy's for our regular Tuesday morning knit group, with lunch included, and knit until around 2:30. Then it was knitting at Unraveled until they closed at five. I was waiting for the lady that usually cuts my hair to show up at the barbershop across the street. She never arrived.

Then it was off to Rudy's Mexican Restaurant for margaritas and enchiladas. Then back to Unraveled for more knitting. Nothing to show you though since it's just more of what you've already seen. More knitting today between chores and errands.

3 comments:

lexa said...

I like your necklaces! My parents had a couple of those puka necklaces and "hippie" ponchos. When I was a kid one of my friends and I went out wearing them at Halloween. I don't know if she still has the necklaces, but the ponchos are still around, I think. Hers was purple, his was black. They were getting pretty ripe at one point, so maybe she threw them out.

unraveledgal said...

Hannah is so talented...love the necklaces!
Nothing like the Happy Hour and good friends....and knitting.

unraveledgal said...

Hannah is so talented...love the necklaces!
Nothing like the Happy Hour and good friends....and knitting.