Friday, January 04, 2008

Another Fiesta

Shortly after finishing my first Fiesta Scarf (aka Forsa) I cast on for another version. I'm using some Lang Mille Colori that I got at A Stitch in Time when we had the Trash to Treasures sale last November. Four skeins.

I had tried other scarves using this yarn but didn't like the way the stripes looked. They were too wide and somehow made the colors look muddy and unrelated. I had decided to work the yarn in a longways scarf so the the stripes would generally not be more than one row wide. After seeing how well the Noro Kureyon worked in this pattern I cast on for another one. I'm calling it Grape Fiesta.

I used a provisional cast on this time. See the light blue row? I think the edges will look much better if the cast on and cast off are alike. Once I finish the second set of K2P2 ribbing and have bound off I will undo the provisional cast on and bind off again. I should know by the end of today.

We're still waiting for the rain. It's pretty overcast and gloomy so maybe it will happen after all.

3 comments:

Sue said...

It looks so pretty. We too are wishing it would rain after having a week of 37 degrees. It is starting to get very hot, but thankfully sitting under the a/c does help.

Bess said...

Oh - I think this pattern brings out the colors in the most beautiful vivid way. Lovely!

Christine said...

Well, the rains came, rather a lot of it. Hope you did okay over there in Pasadena. I know a few folks who lost power, but so far, no sliding houses or muddy living rooms.