Monday, May 12, 2008

Non-knitting weekend

Really. There was almost no knitting this weekend. Unless you count ripping a sweater that I knit fifteen or so years ago. I guess ripping is part of knitting but I don't usually wait that long. I'm not even sure at this point why I never finished that sweater but I think it was probably because I realized it was going to be way too small.

Now that I think of it, I probably knit that sweater more than twenty years ago. I have another sweater that I knit at about the same time that I never put together. They were both in the same storage box. That sweater was knit with some yarn I got in Taos in 1988 or so. That one didn't come out quite right. The sleeves were way too big for the armholes. I was still pretty new to knitting at that time so I didn't realize that yarn substitution meant more than just using something other than what the pattern called for. I need to see if I can salvage it. Probably will need to reknit the sleeves. I think the body is still OK. Well, it was then.

I did finish the first sock of the Scrolls design that I started last week. The second one is moving along. I hope to finish it this week. I have a number of things to do this week that will involve lots of driving time but I should be able to finish if I don't get distracted by something else.

2 comments:

lexa said...

It doesn't look like I'll have a non-knitting weekend this week. Camping season starts, and the forecast is rain tomorrow and the holiday Monday. (Victoria Day in Canada) I have a bunch of stuff ready to go with me. I take extra knitting, rather have too much than not enough...

Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold tibia item tibia

gold
runescape accounts tibia money runescape gp buy runescape gold tibia gold tibia

item
buy runescape money runescape items tibia money