Sunday, May 18, 2008
I finished the Scrolls socks yesterday. I like 'em a lot. Not so sure about the fiber though. It's a cotton and nylon blend that's pretty easy on the hands but the plies want to separate when there's a decrease, whether it's a K2tog or an SSK, and that causes some problems. You have to really look to see if you've picked up an extra ply or strand. It only took me about a sock and a half to figure this out.
When I finished the first sock and turned it inside out to weave in the ends I was really surprised at the pattern on the inside. The purl side looks like a woven trellis. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already figured out that this stitch would make a great scarf pattern. I might just do it myself.