Friday, April 12, 2002

Just started a new sweater. I'm using Stahl's Spettacolo in a wine color. I adapted a pattern from a Berocco book I have. I couldn't find anything in the gauge I'm getting with this yarn so I used my Sweater Wizard and made it up. I'm not sure how much I like this yarn. It seems very stretchy and the sweater looks large but I'm getting the gauge. So I'll just proceed until I finish the first ball. I'll measure again at that point to see if the stretchiness was because of the needles or if the gauge has actually changed. This yarn is a pain to rip out and it breaks some of the little fuzzy things in the yarn so I don't want to rip if I don't have to. I'm making a three quarter length sleeve for the very first time. There's a double braid cable up the front and a v-neck with 2x2 rib. I think it's going to be nice. I hope it fits.

No comments: