Monday, August 11, 2008

Some socks



If you're on Ravelry and have looked at my projects page sometime in the past month or so, you will already have seen these socks. I made them for a friend of mine for her birthday which was a couple of months ago. We finally managed to get together this weekend at Unraveled. There were lots of other people there as there were two rather large classes in progress plus many other people who just came to sit and knit. Anyway, the socks were a hit. They fit well and she was tickled with the colors.



And, I finished the Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn socks. I had plenty of yarn. I made the legs about half an inch shorter than usual. Next time I'll know better. This yarn is so much more pleasant to knit with than the Kureyon sock yarn. And you get to use a bigger needle.



Now that those are out of the way I will attempt, for the fourth time, to get a sock that I like using the Flat Feet yarn that I got as a gift a few months ago. Have you seen this stuff? It's fun. I'm trying to make socks for myself. So far I've made the wrong size, twice, and changed my mind about the overall length at least once. I've settled on a 2x2 rib but there's not enough to photo as yet.

5 comments:

lexa said...

Those Noro socks look great! We don't have it at our store yet.

Sue said...

Beautiful socks, nice and bright. I have seen that flat feet socks on a few blogs and it looks very intriguing.

Monika said...

The Regia socks are fun. I gave the same yarn to my daughter, or rather she choose it for herself. I'm glad to hear that Noro Silk Garden sock yarn is working out better for you. I'm now definately keeping my eyes open, and will order some soon.

Anonymous said...

Tickled is the right word - I love them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

R.

Anonymous said...

Those are really big feet