Monday, December 01, 2008

Crunch time

Only 24 days (and nights) to get it all done. I finished one pair of socks and discovered a very serious mistake in another over the weekend. That pair will be re-knit but not until after Christmas.

Going through my stash I found a shawl I had started a year ago. That might get done although the yarn is like knitting rocks. A few rows of that and I had to switch to something else. So I started a hat using some vintage yarn. I think the hat might end up on my head.

Fortunately I have been finishing things throughout the year. Just have to decide who gets what. I may be adding a scarf or two and a pair of fingerless gloves. Otherwise I'm feeling fairly confident. I do have some yarn that some people have been lusting after.

But I still have to knit those remaining things and get it all wrapped. I think I might have to make a list.

3 comments:

lexa said...

My kids were excited to start their advent calendars today. I'm not -- Christmas is getting too close, and I have too much shopping left to do! And knitting to do!

Monika said...

I'm glad I don't have Christmas knitting to do, except finish one sock. But I decided yesterday that I would knit my husband a pair of socks, so I'm doing O.K. :o)

I always try to not get stressed around this time of year, because I love it too much.

It's a good idea to give away yarn as gift as well, if the person enjoys knitting, it's a wonderful gift.

Anonymous said...

You are very impressive - so far, I have done zilch in terms of getting ready for the big day (well, there's the one big present for the kids that my sister-in-law picked up for me, but don't tell!)... Hoping to go to Trader Joe's today to start the Advent calendars a day late... As for knitting something, there's no time! (Not for someone as slow as me, anyway...)

R.