Tuesday, July 08, 2008

PLYMOUTH ROCK(in' sox)

Who needs to shop when you have friends to bring you presents? Jane, one of my regulars, went on vacation and brought back this Plymouth Rockin'Sox yarn. She knows I like orange.

I think this must be a new yarn. I haven't seen it anywhere. It's 60% superwash wool, 25% bamboo and 15% nylon. The color number is 005.

I was curious so I cast on this morning and did a little sample. Not a project really. No, really. It's not. That would be silly since I already have ten or twelve other sock projects going. I just wanted to able to tell Jane how much I liked it and to let you know what I think of it. It's pretty nice. Soft and smooth. I thought it was going to be splitty but it seems to be fine one these bamboo needles.



I also wanted to see how the colors would play out. So far it looks like a long spiral. But who knows how it will look after the heel and gusset. Well, I'm not really making a sock anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

ETA: It's a 100 gram skein.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How much does the skein weigh?

lexa said...

Not really make a sock, eh? LOL! It looks very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I really like the yarn colors - here's hoping it continues to spiral!

Anonymous said...

Larry,

You crack me up! I bet your "non" socks turn out beautifully.

R.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathi said...

I bought a couple of skeins of this in a local yarn shop but can't seem to find it on-line. I was curious to see what other colors there were. Very soft and seems like it will be nice to work with!

Anonymous said...

Larry - Where've you been? Earthquake gotcha down? It hit us here in SM like a freight train. Felt just like the Whittier quake back in the 80's, but without all those fallen down chimneys. Hope you're OK.