Monday, June 02, 2008
A week's progress
So. Even though I had decided I wouldn't make any more garments I went ahead with this pattern the Vine Leaf vest from Classic Elite. It's a free pattern. I'm using some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece that I've had in stash for a while. I got the yarn at a swap meet at a really cheap price. Anyway, the pattern is easy to memorize and I am almost finished with the back. The actual color is a lot more lime than what you see here but you know I'm not too successful with my photos.
I also got started on a scarf. It's based on the same pattern I used for the Scrolls socks that I posted a couple of weeks ago.
You might recall that I was speculating about how that pattern would look as a scarf since I was very excited at how the reverse looked. I didn't realize at the time that the pattern I was using for the socks and the pattern for this scarf are the same, except one is worked in the round and the other is worked flat. I do like how the scarf is coming out, even though I'm not using the beads that the scarf pattern suggests. I am using the yarn the pattern calls for, Schaefer Susan, a 100% mercerized cotton that is very pleasant to use.
And I finished the Worm Scarf. This one should only have taken a day or so but other things happened. You know how that is.