Thursday, October 04, 2007

New Sweater Project


The start of a new sweater project. The sweater I just finished is also from this book, Simply Beautiful Sweaters for Men
by Linden Phelps and Beryl Hiatt, owners of Tricoter in Seattle. There are a number of other sweaters and vests in this book that I would like to knit. The one I'm making is called Terry's Ribbed Pullover and that's basically what it is. I've started with the sleeves just so I can get them out of the way. It's also a V-neck which I'll probably change to a crew style since I don't like the way V-necks look on me.

I'm using some Kureyon in color 51. The photo is no where near accurate but I've tried all the things I know how to do and still can't get a better image. But you can see the gradation and the colors themselves except they're deeper in real life. I got the yarn at Velona's a couple of years ago during one of our yarn buying frenzies not knowing for sure what I would do with it. So I'm probably going to have five or six skeins left over. I could use a new scarf.

6 comments:

Love This Space said...

Ooo, that colorway is going to make a gorgeous sweater! My Mom is just finishing up a little hoodie in that and it is spectacular. Plus, it has really held her interest for the whole project.

Never underestimate the entertainment factor of hand-painted yarn.

Anonymous said...

Totally.Gorgeous.
wow.
I've seen that colorway 51 in person and it is
GENIUS!
Enjoy,
Greta

Monika said...

Lovely colorway. I like earth tones.

Bess said...

This looks like another winner.

Sue said...

The colors in your new sweater look wonderful. I like the cabled sweater too, and I cant wait to see the modelled pics.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Its looking great... Recently,I saved good amount of money on the purchase of winter wears from Fashionbug store...