Monday, September 15, 2008

Socks for me!

(Grrr! I'm having to re-create this post since the one I originally wrote has vanished. No idea what happened.)

I finally finished a pair of socks for me. My first ever! My friend L (of L&H fame) gave me this Conjoined Creations Flat Feet yarn back in January or February. I've tried several times to come up with something that worked with the yarn. I finally decided to use the basic sock pattern from Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. Except I used a short row heel and a Kitchener stitch finish.



So, here they are. I really like how they feel. They're quite comfortable. I'd make myself some more socks if I didn't have such big feet. Well, my feet aren't unusually big but still those extra couple of inches are sort of discouraging.

I rushed home from the yarn shop on Saturday so I could catch the opening play of the OSU/USC game. It's a good thing I did because otherwise I'd have missed OSU's only scoring play. Still it was better than UCLA did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Inspiration! There is hope for me and my sock making challengers. THANKS!
msknitts

lexa said...

I can't believe that of all the socks you've made this is the first pair that are actually for you! Well done!

TheBunny said...

And as a Trojan, it was a goooood weekend for me. :-) Not only did we beat Ohio but UCLA lost.

purr purr

Bess said...

Congratulations on a first ever sock for yourself! Happy wearing.

LynneB said...

I think your first copy of this post didn't vanish, but warped over to the 'Knitting New Scarves' KAL.
The socks look terrific. What's it like knitting with unraveled yarn?

Roberta Granada said...

Hi, i loved your blog,visits my blog go http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com
bye