Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Really big

Really big

Yarn. Look at what I got in the mail.



Remember, a few months ago, when Stephanie organized the fund raiser for the tsunami victims? And lots and lots of kindly folks sent contributions? Well, little did I know, or perhaps notice, that there were rewards for doing this. This is the yarn that I received for being a part of that enterprise.

Susie, in Virginia, sent me six skeins of Schulana Bando. It's a bit darker in real life than the photo shows. What's really spectacular about it is that it works on a 20mm (US35) needles at 7 stitches to 10cm (4"). It's a blend of merino, acrylic and nylon. The ribbon is 20cm (3/4") wide and 25m (27yds)long. I haven't thought much about what I'm going to do with it. Most likely a shawlette or scarf. But I'll have to see. Thanks, Susie.

I didn't quite finish the Dulaan project sweater yesterday. I still have to pick up stitches for the neckband. I would have stayed up to finish it but actually I was too disappointed in how it looked. Everything looks good except the 1X1 ribbing. It sort of biases, probably because it was knit in the round. I'm sure it will look okay when it's worn and will keep someone warm but still it's a little loving hands at home looking. Maybe it will block straight. And maybe I'll have a photo tomorrow.

I had such a nice relaxing three day weekend that it was tough to get back into the swing of things. But it was a good day. Well, for me anyway. Almost everyone had a problem that needed some help. Unfortunately, we're still looking for the source of that extra stitch on one project. It's really critical as it's a drop stitch pattern and if you don't have everything lined up just right the drops will go through the cast on instead of being stopped by the yarn over at the beginning. Maybe you just had to be there.

No comments: