Thursday, May 06, 2004

Sock yarn!

I was going to take pictures of my sock yarn but when I realized how many boxes of it I have I decided that would be too much work. I have six of those plastic boxes packed with sock yarn plus some that I haven't found storage for as yet. And I've only been knitting socks for a little over a year. I saw some new stuff that we got in at Skein. That will most definitely have to be added to the stash. I tell myself that it's cheaper than buying yarn for sweaters.

I've had several sock knitting dreams this week. It seemed perfectly logical that I could make a sock into a sweater for Patrick. Not that he'd wear it, but I could do it. And Stephanie was there, cheering me on. And Sarah was also there providing technical assistance. Mind you. I've never met either of these ladies but they were in that dream all the same. When I woke up I realized that a sock would not begin to fit over Patrick's head. But it was still a fun dream.

And last night I dreamed I was teaching knitting in London. I've never been to London so I don't know how I got there. But this one was very strange. I had two different groups to teach. One, the Well Turned Heel group, only made socks with DK weight yarns and none of them knew how to cast on. So I had to get them all started. The other group, The Surreptitious Sock Knitters, only knit with worsted weight and they also lacked casting on skills. Plus, it seems that sock knitting was a banned activity so we had to be very careful not to get caught. This was the kind of dream that seems to go on all night. I'll be glad when this cold is gone and I can get back to what passes for normal.

No comments: