Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Worms, and not the chenille kind

I've received two suspicious emails in the last twenty four hours. The first one I wasn't suspicious of until after I read the news about the new worm that is currently flooding the internet. I hope my Norton Anit-virus program caught it and kept it from infecting my computer but I'm not absolutely sure. I talked with my friend Bill who is usually very up on these things and computer stuff in general. He has assured me that I'm probably safe. But I'm not 100% convinced. So far everything seems to be normal but I'm hesitant to send emails for the time being. I'm not even sure if it's safe to leave comments on blogs. I hope so because I left a couple this morning before I thought about it.

I've never lost a post before. I've read lots of other blogs where this has happened. Well, this morning something happened and the post I had been working on just "froze" and I couldn't do anything but reboot. I hope this event isn't connected with the stuff in paragraph one. It may be because I tried to use Blogger's spell check. At least that's when it happened.

I got my car back and it's running better than it ever has. For $1100 it should be, don't you think? I'd love to get a new car but that's just not realistic right now. For that kind of money I could update my kitchen, which it sorely needs.

Anyway, about knitting. I made a lot of progress on Robert's sweater. I'd guess I'm more than 10% done since I finished the first 163 yard skein and according to Sweater Wizard I'm going to use around 1300 yards. I also knit a single wrist warmer. One of my students had a small amount of yarn left over from a scarf. She was too bored to use up all the yarn. She gave it to me and I told her I'd make her a wrist warmer. I thought we were just kidding. She keeps asking me where it is. So I did that last night.

No comments: