Saturday, June 08, 2002

Yesterday at Skein! Almost chaos. Ann Mary has taught her son the rudiments of register procedure so he took care of all that stuff while she stayed off the floor trying to finish a sweater that she was making for a relative. I had plenty of people looking for help plus handled the people who were shopping for yarn. Taught one brand new knitter.

I left Skein an hour earlier than usual because I had tickets to the Kodak Theater in Hollywood to see the Moscow Ballet's production of Swan Lake. Fabulous seats! Center front orchestra about four rows back. The tickets were a gift from my former boss. Thank you, Bill!. Driving into Hollywood at 6PM on a Friday night is not a fun thing to do. But we got to the complex in plenty of time to have dinner at The Grill, a way upscale eatery. Great food and terrific service. The production was nice, very traditional. The dancing was superb. I didn't care much for the orchestra. They seemed a little tired. Getting out of the building and the parking lot was really bad. It took about 30 minutes just to get to the exit gate. I got home at about 12:30. But it was all worth it.

Got some new yarn yesterday. Some Dale Kolibri in a pretty deep blue, almost a navy. 100% Egyptian cotton with a nice sheen. Started a swatch but didn't have time to finish. Then some of the fall yarn I ordered had arrived. I got a bag of Turino Silk from Plymouth in a really dark, murky orange. This is a beautiful raw silk. Good yardage, and reasonably priced. I don't know what I'm going to make with it yet.

I got the specs I need for the argyle sweater I complained about a couple of days ago. So I guess I better go do that.

No comments: